SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work is to replace molecular sieves of 3 Gas dryers at T2 WAFA Field. The work has been carried out and completed sucessfully by specialized team in extended day shift.
GAS DRYER – 12-310-VK-001 A/B/C : 3 DRYERS AT TRAIN 2
· Blinding and De-blinding of the vessels (Client’s scope)
· Installation of equipment
· Continuous monitoring of atmosphere inside the vessel was done mandatorily.
· Emptying (Unloading) the vessel in normal atmosphere by –
o ü Vacuuming and filling the big bags with the used molecular sieves materials
o ü Internal dry Cleaning of the reactor by brush
· Deployment & disposal of the used material filled in big bag to the designated location nearby the worksite (Client’s scope)
· Assembly of internal installations (Mesh Screen)
LOADING OF THE REACTOR
During loading, hopper filled with reactor was lifted to the top of the vessel by a crane. Prior to hoisting any containers, the area was fenced off below the lifting path. All involved personnels are warned.
· Loading of LAYER I (bottom layer).
· Leveling of LAYER I, checking of the filling height.
· Installation of the wire meshes which separates the different layers.
· Loading of LAYER II (second layer).
· Leveling of LAYER II, checking of the filling height.
· Installation of the wire meshes.
· Completion of all 2nd layer loading.
· Loading procedure of all other layers the same as above.
· Loading of ceramic balls.
BOXING UP OF VESSELS
· Upon completion of loading of a vessel, inspection was carried out by client and then the vessel was closed immediately.
· The flange surfaces were checked for damages and corrosion.
· It was taken care, that the top basket enters the vessel in vertical position and there is no contact with the flange in order not to damage the wire mesh material ( by client).
CONSERVATION OF ADSORBER VESSELS WITH NITROGEN
After finishing the reactor loading, the unit was kept under nitrogen with a dew point below -60 degree C (by client).
LEAK TESTING OF FLANGES
Once the unit was pressurized with nitrogen, a pre-check for leaks on all the flanges was done, using a bubble foaming solution (soap). The final leak test was done at full operating pressure with feed gas before start-up. For this reason loading platform (scaffolding) also was kept in place, until commissioning was completed (by client).
Performing the above activities INTECH completed this project successfully within the stipulated time.
Thanks to the wonderful team and their hard work, which helped in the completion of all the activities successfully.
Project ClientDIETSMANN LIBYA
Category Recent Service and Maintenance Projects